728 PM CST Thu Dec 9 2021
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM FRIDAY TO
MIDNIGHT CST FRIDAY NIGHT...
* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 5 to
* WHERE...Portions of east central and southeast South Dakota,
northeast Nebraska, northwest Iowa and southwest Minnesota.
This includes the tribal lands of the Flandreau Santee Sioux
* WHEN...From 6 AM Friday to midnight CST Friday night.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Patchy
blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. The
hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Northeast winds will increase to 15 to 30
mph in the afternoon producing patching blowing and drifting
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.