259 AM CST Mon Feb 21 2022
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS
EVENING TO 6 PM CST TUESDAY...
* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4
inches. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
* WHERE...Portions of central, east central, south central and
southeast South Dakota, northwest Iowa and southwest
Minnesota. This includes the tribal lands of the Yankton Sioux
Tribal Nation and the Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribal Nation.
* WHEN...From 6 PM this evening to 6 PM CST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. Patchy blowing
snow could significantly reduce visibility. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. The
cold wind chills as low as 35 below zero could cause frostbite
on exposed skin in as little as 30 minutes.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Areas along and south of I-90, and mainly
east of I-29, could also see some patchy freezing drizzle
develop ahead of the snow Monday afternoon.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.