Including the cities of Rock Rapids, George, Inwood, Larchwood,
Sioux Center, Orange City, Rock Valley, Hawarden, Hull, Le Mars,
Sioux City, Pipestone, Luverne, Wakefield, Ponca, Allen,
South Sioux City, Huron, De Smet, Arlington, Lake Preston,
Brookings, Gregory, Burke, Wessington Springs, Alpena,
Woonsocket, Howard, Madison, Orland, Flandreau, Chamberlain,
Kimball, Plankinton, White Lake, Stickney, Mitchell, Alexandria,
Emery, Salem, Canistota, Bridgewater, Montrose, Sioux Falls,
Wagner, Platte, Lake Andes, Marty, Armour, Corsica, Delmont,
Parkston, Freeman, Menno, Tripp, Clayton, Parker, Centerville,
Marion, Viborg, Irene, Hurley, Chancellor, Canton, Lennox, Tea,
Harrisburg, Tyndall, Scotland, Springfield, Avon, Tabor, Yankton,
Vermillion, North Sioux City, Beresford, Elk Point, Alcester,
245 AM CDT Thu Oct 13 2022
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO 7 PM CDT
* WHAT...Northwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 55 mph
* WHERE...Portions of northwest and west central Iowa, southwest
Minnesota, northeast Nebraska and central, east central, south
central and southeast South Dakota.
* WHEN...From 10 AM this morning to 7 PM CDT this evening.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The strong winds and very dry air will lead
to critical fire behavior today.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects. Use caution to avoid
sparking a fire.