951 PM CST Mon Dec 12 2022
...ICE STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST TUESDAY...
* WHAT...Significant icing. Ice accumulations of up to three to
four tenths of an inch. Icing may be most significant on
elevated surfaces. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph.
* WHERE...In Iowa, Lyon County. In South Dakota, Kingsbury, Lake
and Minnehaha Counties.
* WHEN...Until noon CST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Isolated power outages and tree damage are possible
due to the ice. The hazardous conditions could impact this
evening's and Tuesday morning's commute. Gusty winds could bring
down tree branches.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Freezing rain will continue to develop
after midnight. As temperatures warm Tuesday morning freezing
rain will change to rain with icing improving after daybreak.
Travel is strongly discouraged. If you must travel, keep an extra
flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency. Prepare for possible power outages.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.