959 AM CST Mon Jan 2 2023
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST
* WHAT...Heavy snow with mixed precipitation expected. Total snow
accumulations of 5 to 11 inches and ice accumulations of up to
one quarter of an inch. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph. The
worst conditions will be from about midnight through noon
* WHERE...Portions of northwest Iowa, southwest Minnesota and
southeast South Dakota.
* WHEN...Until 6 PM CST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Power outages and tree damage are likely due to the
ice. Travel could be nearly impossible. Widespread blowing
snow could significantly reduce visibility. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Heavy snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per
hour are possible tonight into Tuesday morning. Blizzard or
near-blizzard conditions may develop. Small fluctuations in
storm track are still possible, which could impact the forecast
precipitation type and amounts.
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.