823 PM CST Wed Jan 12 2022
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT
THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING...
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 10
inches possible. Heavier snow amounts more likely east of
Interstate 29 with the lower amounts to the west of Interstate
* WHERE...Portions of east central South Dakota and southwest
* WHEN...From late Thursday night through Friday evening.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. Patchy blowing snow
could significantly reduce visibility. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Northerly winds gusting 25 to 35 mph on
Friday evening may cause patchy blowing and drifting snow.
Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.