304 AM CST Tue Jan 3 2023
...WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST WEDNESDAY...
* WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation. Additional snow
accumulations of 5 to 13 inches and ice accumulations of
around one tenth of an inch. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
* WHERE...Portions of northwest Iowa, southwest Minnesota and
southeast South Dakota.
* WHEN...Until 6 AM CST Wednesday.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible.
Widespread blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility.
The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Heavy snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per
hour are possible through Tuesday morning, producing near-zero
visibility at times. Small fluctuations in storm track are still
possible, which could impact the forecast precipitation type
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.