450 PM CST Mon Jan 2 2023
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST
* WHAT...Heavy snow with some mixed precipitation. Additional snow
accumulations of 6 to 15 inches, with ice accumulations of one
to two tenths of an inch possible. Winds gusting as high as 35
* WHERE...Portions of northwest Iowa, southwest Minnesota and
southeast South Dakota.
* WHEN...Until 6 PM CST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Power outages and tree damage are likely due to the
ice. Travel could be nearly impossible. Widespread blowing
snow could significantly reduce visibility. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Heavy snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per
hour are possible late tonight into Tuesday morning, producing
near-zero visibility at times. Small fluctuations in storm
track are still possible, which could impact the forecast
precipitation type and amounts.
If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.